Thursday 20 April 2017

Welcome from UWF!



Hello from UWF! We're all looking forward to your visit in June! I'm Jeff Eble and will be helping to coordinate your visit to northwest Florida. For some background, my research investigates marine evolutionary processes with a focus on coral reef fishes, though since my move to Pensacola I've also been working with estuarine fishes to better understand the influence of persistent ocean currents on larval exchange. 

We have lots of interesting activities planned for your visit! In addition to meeting with National Park Service and Environmental Protection Agency biologists, you will have a chance to work on a broad range of ongoing projects led by Drs. Jane Caffrey, Matt Schwartz, Phillip Schmutz, and Phil Darby.

Before you are due to arrive in Pensacola I will post directions and general information about the UWF week on the course canvas site. In the meantime please feel free to email (eble@uwf.edu), call (508-237-9551), or text me if you have any questions.


Good luck with your finals!

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment