Tuesday 9 May 2017

Greetings

Hey guys, my name is Logan Walker and I am currently a senior at the University of West Florida pursuing a degree in marine biology. Some of my hobbies include canoeing, hiking, and just being out in the open water in general. Being from Kentucky, I have  always had motivation to move to Florida and chase my dreams of becoming a Marine biologist.

I have been able to assist in undergraduate research dealing with genetic connectivity between coastal marine fish populations along the Gulf of Mexico. I love to travel, but unfortunately  have not been able to explore much of the beautiful state of Florida. This field study course  is a great way to figure out exactly what I want to do in the future while getting to learn the research interest of others who share similar passions.

Recently I was able  travel to the Florida Aquarium in Tampa for the first time ever and loved everything about it. I enjoy capture photos of animals in their natural habitats, so of course plenty of photos were taken.





I would love to continue research on coastal fish species or even pelagic fish such as sharks upon graduating . I always like to try new things, so any area of  research  we may come across during this field class would be a great opportunity. Seeing a shark in the wild with the possibility of getting to study it up close, is something on my bucket list that I hope to cross off during this class. 

I look forward to meeting you all and can not wait to have a great time during this class! 
See you all on the 14th!

-Logan Walker


  

No comments:

Post a Comment