Tuesday 9 May 2017

Hello!

Hey there everyone! My name is Jakob Thayer. I'm currently a senior at USFSP and pursuing a bachelor's degree in biology with a focus on marine science. I have a particular interest in marine conservation studies. My hope is to someday become a part of the greater effort to understand the world's oceans, how they are changing, and how we can meet the many challenges facing oceans across the world. Beyond all that however, I simply enjoy everything that has to do with the water. I'm a huge fan of snorkeling and scuba, though I don't get to do as much of it as I'd like. I am fascinated with anything that swims or crawls under the waves, and if the opportunity arises I will not pass up a chance to see it up close. I am a Florida native and have lived here my whole life. The beauty and wonder of the ocean has always captured me ever since I was little, and I knew from a young age that I didn't just want to see these creatures, I wanted to understand them. The FIO course is a unique and amazing opportunity to get my feet wet (pun intended) and begin to not only understand, but to apply this understanding. I am extraordinarily excited for this, and can't wait to get started. It's gonna be a blast everyone!

Safe travels. and i'll see you all there!
Jakob

No comments:

Post a Comment