Wednesday 10 May 2017

Hey everyone!

Hello everyone! My name is Emily Williams and I am 19 years old. I am just starting my sophomore year and am majoring in Coastal Biology at UNF. Since I just got done with my freshman year, I haven't yet taken any concentrated marine bio classes. I am still focusing on finishing up my gen eds. With that being said, this will be my first taste of marine biology, where I can get my feet wet with it... literally! When people ask me what I want to do with a degree in marine biology, I always reply the broad and vague response "conservation and research". I have always loved the beach and have been fascinated with the ocean but do not know the specifics on what I want to concentrate in or pursue yet. I am hoping that this course will be the key to showing me all the possibilities and fascinating jobs out there as a marine biologist. 
I have always been intrigued by sharks so within the next year or so, I would like to get involved in shark research. I am so excited to be a part of this course and to meet everyone who will be a part of it too! It will be so nice to share this exciting experience for the duration of this course with people who are just as passionate about marine biology as I am. Safe travels everyone! See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment