Tuesday 2 May 2017

Welcome from UNF

Hello Future Marine Scientists!
I look forward to meeting you May 14th. 
I will be the lead instructor at the UNF site.  I will be joined by a great group of faculty for a week of coastal and estuarine excitement!
My background is in coastal fish ecology and salt marsh ecology. 
You can link to my UNF Bio here: http://www.unf.edu/bio/N00003122/
I am currently involved in a project to look at improving shoreline restoration methods using Spartina alterniflora. This intertidal halophyte creates important habitat for a number of resident salt marsh fishes that I have grown to love.
I look forward to working with all of you on the various projects we have planned for you during your week at UNF!
Best Fishes, 
Kelly Smith





Relaxing after a long night of sampling during the 2016 FIO course.



No comments:

Post a Comment