Sunday 18 June 2017

Final Thoughts

These past few weeks have been some of the most memorable experiences of my life. The skills and knowledge I have learned will be invaluable to me in the future as I attempt to turn this passion of mine into a career. We learned so many different things, from simple water sampling, to fish and coral identification, to even just learning how to improvise when plans go to crap. I also got to see so much of Florida's marine habitat, more than I ever have before. I really began to understand just how unique and diverse our ecosystems are, and how important it is to protect these ecosystems. Beyond knowledge, I feel like I have a better understanding of where I want to go and what I want to do more than any other time in my life. On top of that I also met a bunch of amazing people and made some genuine friends. The memories we made are priceless, and for that reason alone I would recommend this course to anyone. I want to extend my thanks to everyone who made this trip possible, and all awesome people who made it memorable.  For anyone who is on the fence for this course, 100% give it a shot. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I don't think i'll soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment