Saturday 17 June 2017

UWF: The last stop

For the fifth and final stop on this unbelievable trip, we visited the University of West Florida in Pensacola. We observed rivers around a local watershed and examined how urbanization has impacted rates of erosion and pollution inputs.

Before entering this course I was had no idea what to expect. Each University or site visited was unique in its own way. Each week we were presented with everyday challenges/questions that Marine Biologist face and ways to  over come these challenges. This course has given me an opportunity to confidently use different high quality instruments in the field.

I would highly recommend this course to anyone who plans to purse a career in the biology field. Upon finishing this class, I now have a more clear vision as to what specific area of Marine Biology that I would like to go into. I was able to make great connections with professors at each university while making new friends a long the way. I have greatly appreciated this opportunity and feel one step closer to becoming a Marine Biologist!

No comments:

Post a Comment