Sunday 18 June 2017

End of the Journey at UWF!

Our last week of the FIO trip was spent at UWF in Pensacola! We spent most of the week observing the watershed around Pensacola and learning about how humans impact its different components. Although the week didn't go exactly as planned, due to rain almost every day of the week, we still learned a lot and had fun! We also learned about the movement of barrier islands and how to survey sand dunes and beaches on Thursday!
Finding different angle elevations on the beach!

Our last week of the course was, of course, very bittersweet. Although we knew the class was drawing to a close, we still tried to make the most of this week. Taking this class has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Not only did I gain experience with marine field work and meet different professors, I had the time of my life. I want to thank every single person who made this class possible, especially the professors who hosted us and our amazing GA's!

The best thing about this class for me were the friends that I made. It was just great to make friends who saw the world the same way that I did and that wanted to help protect it. I know that I've made friendships that will last a lifetime and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend 5 weeks of my life. I've been wishing that I could start it all over again and relive everything!
FIO Class of 2017! Gonna miss you guys!

I hope everyone has a great summer, and I can't wait to see you all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment