Saturday 17 June 2017

Final blog post

UWF was the last stop for the FIO course. We were dodging rain all week but we're still able to do everything they had planned with the exception of kayaking on Monday. I learned a lot this week about the watershed of Pensacola Bay. It was a great week to wrap up an amazing course.

These past five weeks taught me so much about Field work I gained so much experience. Not only was this course very informative it was also very fun! It was hard work at times and we had to adapt to changing conditions but in the long run it was a fantastic experience. I honestly wasn't sure what to expect when I was going into this course but it surpassed what I had imagined it would be. I made some great connections at the five locations and some great friends. I was sad to leave and wish it could have lasted longer.

I was exposed to a broad range of Marine Field work and it has confirmed for me that I want to pursue research. I enjoyed the field work and I really liked the concept of that work having a meaning behind it. I think this course has helped guide me to the path that I want my career to head in after I graduate.

Thank you to everyone involved in making this awesome course happen!



PEACE OUT EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment